Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Baked Potatoes by Catherine Zacchilli

Poking holes in the top and the sides of the
raw potato makes my stomach growl.
I open the door to the black microwave,
and hit the baked potato button hoping it will be
done soon.
Having the potato going around in
circles, on the glass plate in the
microwave, makes me go insane.
I just have to walk away, until
I hear the microwave make a sound.
Which sounds like,
BEEP!

The butter inside the cut backed potato
slowly begins to melt.
Topped with sour cream, melted cheese, and
bacon bites.

I stab my fork on the end of the potato
to get a piece of the
irresistible
baked potato.

As I keep eating the baked potato,
it keeps getting smaller and smaller.
I use the last few pieces to clean
the sour cream up from my plate.
The last bite makes me sad,
because its gone.
Once I finish the baked potato,
I am stuffed from the loaded baked potato.
The baked potato can not last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment